Get started carousel and auto tour
This topic describes how to navigate and review the content of the KME get started carousel, and the KME console auto tour that displays immediately thereafter. These resources display only when a new user initially logs into KME, and are designed to assist new users in understanding central KME functions and better navigate the KME console.
Navigate the get started carousel and auto tour
Once your required Samsung and Knox Portal accounts are created and you first login to Knox Mobile Enrollment, a get started carousel displays describing the main tasks required to add devices, create profiles, and assign and enroll devices.
- A Welcome screen displays once initially logged into KME. Select the > on the right-side of the screen to proceed to the next screen in the get started carousel flow. Select SKIP TOUR to bypass the get started carousel and proceed to the KME console auto tour.
- The Add Devices screen describes how the devices you have purchased from your reseller are automatically uploaded into your KME account on your behalf. You also have the option of using the Knox Deployment App (KDA), available from the Google Play store, to add devices automatically using a KME configured device profile.
For information on configuring devices, uploading devices, and deleting devices using the KME console, go to: Configure devices.
For information on the Bluetooth, NFC and Wi-Fi enrollment options available to the KDA, go to: Samsung Knox Deployment App.
- Select the > on the right-side of the screen to proceed to the next screen in the get started carousel flow. If necessary, use select < to return to the get started Welcome screen. Select SKIP TOUR to bypass the get started carousel and proceed to the KME console auto tour.
- The Create profiles screen describes using KME to manage multiple MDM/EMM profiles for use with different device enrollment settings.
Use the KME console to add new profiles, edit existing profiles and delete obsolete profiles as devices either initially enroll in KME or require update. Remember, before you can enroll devices into KME, you need to create a profile or edit an existing profile to meet enrollment requirements.
For information on using the KME console to create enrollment profiles, go to: Create profiles.
For information on using the KDA to push a KME created profile to a device, go to: Samsung Knox Deployment App.
- Select the > on the right-side of the screen to proceed to the next screen in the get started carousel flow. If necessary, use select < to return to the get started Add devices screen. Select SKIP TOUR to bypass the get started carousel and proceed to the KME console auto tour.
- The Assign & enroll devices screen describes KME as the quickest and most automated means to enroll large numbers of devices into your MDM/EMM for corporate deployments.
- Select the GOT IT button when you have completed reviewing the contents of the get started carousel. Once selected, you will not encounter any of the carousel screens again in subsequent KME logins.
- The display of the All set! screen signifies the end of the KME get started carousel. Select the NEXT button to transition to the KME auto tour.
The KME auto tour only displays once, and like the carousel is not displayed again in subsequent KME logins. The auto tour consists of a series of tooltips within the KME console that describe navigation tips, support resources, and account information. The auto tour tooltips point to the following console navigation options:
- Collapsible sidebar - Describes how to collapse the console sidebar navigation menu for console display optimization.
- Bulk actions - Describes how to access the KME bulk actions button from the left navigation sidebar for access to bulks actions from one location.
- Support and feedback - Describes the sidebar navigation buttons used to contact Samsung Support and provide feedback.
- Account information - Describes how to access your user icon from the top of the console to access your customer ID and log out of the KME console.
- Once you have completed the KME get started carousel and auto tour. Consider any of the following additional KME enrollment activities:
- Select devices to configure from within the Devices > UPLOADS or Devices > ALL DEVICES screen. For more information, go to: configure devices.
- Use a .CSV file to export the device list in bulk, prepare your device information, and upload the configuration back into the Knox Mobile Enrollment portal. For more information, go to: configure devices and navigate to Bulk device configuration.
- Download the Knox Deployment application from the Google Play Store. For more information, go to: Samsung Knox Deployment App.