Before you begin
On this page
This section guides you through requirements before you get started with Knox Enterprise Advanced.
- Samsung Account — In order to sign for a Samsung Knox portal, you also need to have a Samsung account. If you don't have a Samsung account, you will be prompted to create an account when you are signing up for the Knox portal.
- An active Knox E-FOTA Advanced license — There are two ways to obtain an active Knox E-FOTA Advanced license:
- Apply for a free 90 day trial of Knox E-FOTA Advanced, or
- Purchase a Knox E-FOTA Advanced license from your local reseller.
NOTE — The trial period for Knox E-FOTA Advanced is 90 days from the date of issue, for up to 100 devices.
- Test device — Once you have an active Knox E-FOTA Advanced license, you then proceed to registering test devices and installing the E-FOTA Advanced client app onto the device.
NOTE — Knox E-FOTA Advanced works on Samsung mobile devices running Android OS version 5.0 or later.
Samsung Knox portal
Knox licences are managed from your Samsung Knox portal account. Your Knox portal account provides access to various Knox tools through the Samsung Knox Dashboard. This include the Knox licence key validator, the Knox Bluetooth & USB Smart Card client, the Android VPN Mgmt for Knox and more. Your Samsung Knox Portal account also allows you to manage your license keys and create support tickets if you are having issues with a product.
This image below shows the Samsung Knox Dashboard.
A Samsung Knox portal account is free and can be created in just a few minutes.
Create a Knox Portal account
- Go to www.samsungknox.com.
- Click Enroll from the upper, right-hand side of the screen.
- Enter your business email address.
NOTE — Personal email accounts, such as Gmail and Hotmail, are not accepted.
- Read the terms and conditions then click Agree to acknowledge.
- Provide the necessary information for the required fields, then click NEXT to register for the Samsung Account.
NOTE — The fields in this screen may differ slightly depending on the country from which your accessing the Knox Portal.
- In your email inbox, open the confirmation email for the Samsung Account and select on the verification link.
- Click Start.
- Fill out the required fields and click Submit to complete the Knox Portal registration process.
You've completed 1/5 steps! Go to the next step.